New Guidelines In Place For Lamar CISD Athletic Events
School is back in session and fall athletics are heating up! In an effort to enjoy participating in and spectating sports in a safe environment, Lamar CISD has developed a COVID Mitigation plan for all athletic events according to UIL guidelines.
Social distancing will be promoted at all events with limits to capacity at all venues. Ticketing strategies will be provided in order to prioritize the athletes parents and guardians. Cameras will be installed so family and friends who are unable to come can cheer via live stream.
The following guidelines are currently in place:
- All spectators 10 years of age and older will be required to wear a face covering.
- Indoor athletic contests will currently be limited to fans from schools within LCISD.
- LCISD will screen all officials, workers and members of the media.
- Members of the media will need to be pre-approved.
- There will currently be no special scheduled events such as parent night, homecoming and senior night.
- Non-participants will not be allowed on the playing area.
- No passes will be accepted. All spectators must redeem a ticket
Ticket sale guidelines provided by LCISD website:
- For campus events and sub‐varsity contests, all tickets will be $3.00. Athletes will be given an allotted number of tickets prior to the day of the game for their parent(s)/guardian(s) to redeem if they choose to attend the game.
- Varsity Football tickets will be sold online through our GoFan portal and all tickets will be $8.00. Football parents will receive a link to purchase tickets on Sunday of game week and then Band, Drill Team and Cheerleading will receive a link on Monday to purchase tickets. If any tickets remain, a public sale link will be made available on Tuesday morning.
- We have designated 197 seats for Band and Drill Team on the Home side of Traylor Stadium and 180 seats for Band and Drill Team on the Visitor side of the Traylor Stadium. If the visiting team isn’t attending the game, those seats will be made available for purchase by the visiting team.
- LCISD Bands, Drill Teams and Cheer Teams will not be traveling out of Lamar CISD to attend Varsity football games until further notice.
- There will be no fan seating in the LCISD Natatorium for swim meets at the current time so that those seats can be utilized to socially distance swimmers in between races.
- Athletic events at Traylor Stadium, the LCISD Natatorium and in our high school gymnasiums will be live streamed via the internet so that fans who cannot be in attendance can still view their favorite LCISD athletes in action. More information regarding live streaming will be shared via social media and from team coaches.